Samaritans Managing Suicidal Conversations Course - Day 1
29 September 2021 — 9:30am to 12:30pm
Venue: Online Event
If a person is having suicidal thoughts or feelings it’s important they talk about them as this can save a life. Unfortunately many people find it very hard when friends or colleagues try to talk to them about suicidal feelings they may be having – this can be because they don’t know how to react or because they think cannot find the right words. This training is intended to give managers, colleagues and friends the skills to listen and deal with these conversations if they arise.
Managing suicidal conversations is an online training course which will show people how to confidently approach somebody in this situation and the most effective types of responses.
Samaritans Managing Suicidal Conversations is being delivered online – you will need to attend BOTH sessions
Session 1: 29th September 2021: 9.30am-12.30pm
Session 2: 30th September 2021: 9.30am-12.30pm
Cost: This course is being offered FREE as part of Wakefield Councils Workplace Wellbeing Charter Programme
How to book on: Please email email@example.com
What is the course about:
- Show that you have listened, heard and understood.
- Understand and acknowledge suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Understand how talking about suicidal thoughts and feelings can be beneficial.
- Recognise signs of distress and suicidal thoughts.
- Approach someone who is feeling suicidal.
- Support or refer someone who is feeling suicidal