You Can Export: Business Culture in China
18 March 2020 — 9:00am to 1:00pm
Venue: Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield, WF4 4JU
A lack of cultural understanding and knowledge of local practices can be a major obstacle when trying to work effectively in China. This half-day workshop brought to you by the Department for International Trade is designed to develop your confidence in working with the Chinese. It will focus primarily on the practical elements of working in China and how to communicate and work effectively with the Chinese.
The workshop will be delivered by Farnham Castle Intercultural Training, with an intercultural expert who has extensive professional and personal experience in the region.
This event will cover:
• The differences in Chinese and Western cultural values
• Stereotypes and perceptions of other cultures
• Developing working relationships with the Chinese
• The role of hospitality, meetings and etiquette in China
• Using international English and interpreters
• Using remote communication e.g. phone, email, teleconference
• How not to offend e.g. body language
• And much more