LEP -Restructuring your workforce post Covid-19
22 October 2020 — 9:00am to 11:00am
Venue: Online Event
This webinar will take you through the journey of designing a fit for purpose workforce dealing with the impact of the Covid crisis.
About this Event
Due to the recent economic and social impact of the Covid crisis, businesses have been faced with a variety of ‘people’ challenges – how to furlough staff, down-sizing workforces and redundancy processes, keeping retained employees engaged and dealing with the aftermath of re-structures as and when employees return to the office.This webinar is designed to take you through the basic ‘redundancy’ cycle and will increase your confidence about following the legal process but also ensuring that we tackle a very difficult exercise in the most ‘human’ and supportive way that we can.
What will be covered:
- Designing a ‘fit for purpose’ workforce plan – how many staff of what type do we need in which location doing what – now and tomorrow?
- Collective vs Individual consultation process – what is the difference and what do I need to do?
- ‘Meaningful’ consultation, selecting staff for redundancy and considering Suitable Alternative Employment – how do I do this in order to follow the legal process but also treat employees with respect?
- Alternatives – lay off and short term working – what does this mean and how would I operate it?
- Special cases amongst my employee group – maternity, disability – what does the law say?
- Keeping ‘Business As Usual’ going whilst redundancy programmes are live – how can I maintain staff motivation in times of uncertainty?
- Dealing with the aftermath – ‘survivor syndrome’ – how can I keep morale high when our redundancy round is over?
We don’t talk in legal jargon - but provide simple tools for your to utilise in order to manage these difficult conversations in the best possible way.
By signing up to this workshop, delivered as part of the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Business Resilience Programme, you agree to be contacted by a local LEP Business Growth Manager to discuss your business needs.
To register click here.