Safety, Health and Environmental Apprentice
Monday to Friday, 9.00 am - 5.30 pm.
Total hours per week: 40.00
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Quest waste Management Ltd as an Environmental Health and Safety Apprentice. Your role as an Environmental Health and Safety Apprentice will be to support the team in line with corporate, internal, legal and international industry standards.
Your key responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
· Adhere to, and promote, all required health, safety and welfare policies that are established by the company
· Support in maintaining the companies approved management systems
· Support in site audits and inspections
· Provide support and advice to team members on Environmental and management system issues
· Conduct internal audits and resolution tracking
· Develop and maintain procedures for Environmental Health and Safety management and supporting the planning and implementation process
· Administration of computer and database systems, including maintenance of records and preparation of documents for issue
· Support and participate in Environmental Health and Safety activities, including risk identification and management
· Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
· Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the senior management
· Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, etc.)
Requirements and prospects
· High level of organisational skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Good communication skills
· Excellent English skills, both written and oral
· High level of MS Office and IT competence
· Confident and outgoing personality
· Polite and friendly
· Ability to work under pressure
· Willing to learn
· Flexible and adaptable
· Able to use initiative
· Level 2 in Maths and English
· Workplace experience desirable but not essential
· Driving licence desirable
During this apprenticeship you will work towards the Health, Safety & Environment Technician Advanced Apprenticeship with Wakefield College.
Is this the opportunity you have been waiting for?
To apply for this apprenticeship please send your CV to email@example.com clearly stating which role you're interested in.