START UP LEADERSHIP- HOW TO SWIM, NOT SINK!
30 September 2022 — 9:30am to 11:00am
Venue: Online Event
This interactive workshop will help identify the importance of investing in your own leadership skills. to help build supportive team network...
Did you know that 41% of high growth firms find deficiencies in leadership competencies to be an obstacle to growth? As a Founder of a small business. it can be a real challenge to cover all bases and get everything done. especially as the business grows and the demands on your time never seem to end. Building a capable. challenging and supportive team is the key to sustainable business success and investing in your own leadership skills is crucial to that.
Run by experienced workshop facilitator and Co-Founder of his own business in Leeds. Andy Jenkins MCIPD will share practical leadership tools. tips and good practice including:
• How to manage your time and energy to avoid becoming over-stretched
• Explore the evidence about what successful leaders do using case study examples
• Working out what leadership skills are most important for you and your business
• Assess yourself against them to identify your own leadership strengths & weaknesses using an online survey and/or development card sort
• Discuss challenges & ideas to build an action plan that you can put into practice
• Understand the risks & downsides of not understanding own leadership skills and impact on others
• Dispel common misconceptions about leadership and understand that there is no ‘one best way’ for leadership success
• Draw up a shortlist of key capabilities required for success
• Understand what energises me and what drains me
• Build an individual action plan to optimise strengths and address critical weaknesses
As a new business that's started to employ staff. the “Start up Leadership How to Swim not Sink"" helped me to identify a number of key areas and gave actionable tips for improving the business and my own leadership qualities. As well as the course material. it was great to speak to a number of similar businesses and realise that I'm not alone in the constant struggle to push the business forward."" - Sam Raife
""I really enjoyed the session. particularly the format as it was interactive but still had a good level of informative content. The session was structured well and delivered in a really engaging and effective way. It has raised my awareness on things I need to consider and think about when it comes to leadership. and how these are critical to a success of a business. "" - Naudia Salmon