SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT
Wakefield Council works with partner organisations across the district to give businesses a single point of contact – the Wakefield skills and employment partnership group (WSEPG) - to provide support and guidance to develop and implement social value in the employment and skills plan of businesses.
Key Partners include the Department for Work and Pensions/ Job centre Plus, Groundwork, Interserve Working Futures, National Careers Service, Skills Funding Agency, Wakefield College and Wakefield and District Housing.
The Group offers a number of services to help businesses to find the right employees to achieve organisations’ corporate social responsibility objectives, including:
- Support with developing skills and employment plans
- Provide access to wider support programmes across the region
- Practical hands on support in the recruitment process
- Advising on the best methods of recruitment and application
- Organising and managing Recruitment Fairs and Open Days
- Offering on-site interview facilities
- Assistance with recruitment and training
- Signposting to relevant agencies
For more infornation please contect Andrew Queenan on T; 01924 303540 E; firstname.lastname@example.org