START UP LEADERSHIP- HOW TO SWIM NOT SINK BY AD:VENTURE
16 February 2023 — 9:30am to 11:00am
Venue: Online event
This interactive workshop will help identify the importance of investing in your own leadership skills, to help build supportive team network...
Did you know that 41% of high growth firms find deficiencies in leadership competencies to be an obstacle to growth? As a Founder of a small business, it can be a real challenge to cover all bases and get everything done, especially as the business grows and the demands on your time never seem to end. Building a capable, challenging and supportive team is the key to sustainable business success and investing in your own leadership skills is crucial to that.
Run by experienced workshop facilitator and Co-Founder of his own business in Leeds, Andy Jenkins MCIPD will share practical leadership tools, tips and good practice including:
How to manage your time and energy to avoid becoming over-stretched
Explore the evidence about what successful leaders do using case study examples
Working out what leadership skills are most important for you and your business
Assess yourself against them to identify your own leadership strengths & weaknesses using an online survey and/or development card sort
Discuss challenges & ideas to build an action plan that you can put into practice
- Understand the risks & downsides of not understanding own leadership skills and impact on others
- Dispel common misconceptions about leadership and understand that there is no ‘one best way’ for leadership success
- Draw up a shortlist of key capabilities required for success
- Understand what energises me and what drains me
- Build an individual action plan to optimise strengths and address critical weaknesses